Friday, May 6, 2011

camera button friday: its also about light

Yes, form is extremely important. Last week I was thinking about the contents of the photos I have been taking and how they are important. I also have been learning (again, since I learned this my first years photographing) that light is extremely important. I have been in the season of “not quite winter-not yet spring” here in the Midwest and cursing the dead trees for not being pretty but also the light for not being super exciting. It was interesting actually, this post got a lot of comments (both here and Face Book) about the second image, and I think it is the light that everyone likes and not only the ‘form and geometry.’

To prove my point a little better; here are a couple images that I took on a recent trip on an overcast day followed by a day of direct, glorious, morning sun.




No comments: