Wednesday, October 12, 2011

nature is more fun with others

Yes, fall colors are fun to photograph, but I much prefer the story of people enjoying nature than just nature itself.  For me a great scene is a starting point for the human story.

Hikes with friends, my favorite way to go.











In situations like this, exposing for the highlights is still the way to go...but with people adding to the scene, it is very easy to get frustrated with your exposure because people tend to stay more in the shade.  It is an interesting balance and many times has me frustrated because my subject looks great to my eye but the camera has a hard time with the shadows and the highlights.  I wish I had an overcast day for these times, but the sunlight was very beautiful.  Believe it or not, it is still possible to appreciate scenes that may not photograph well.

No comments: