Friday, January 21, 2011

books

The other day, I was reminded of Steve McCurry's 3 part series of the fusion between Images and words when I walk into this gem of a book store downtown with a couple friends.  And while I am nowhere near the photographer that Steve McCurry is, I still was transfixed.  Something between the smell of old books, the old jazz that was playing, and the photographic opportunities; I felt like a kid in a candy store.

I do feel like there is some mystical connection that we all have with words, whether it is the escape into an alternate reality or the natural high of learning, there is something that draws us to them.  Even saying the word, "Book," feels hardy and intelegent.  I would have still had fun if I was alone, but photographing people enjoying these was what really made me happy inside.





No comments: