Friday, April 30, 2010

hiking...finally

I have been looking forward to hiking all winter. Like get out for a day and scale some mountains hiking. But sadly we do not have that kind of hiking here in Wisconsin. The closest is Devils Lake State Park, an overly popular tourist attraction north of town that we had visited before. We had never liked because of the “tourists” huffing up the hillside. This last week I made it a point to try it again; it might be the combination of going out “early” in the spring or the fact that I went on a weekday, but the crowd I was expecting wasn’t in attendance. It was awe-inspiring to see tall pine trees, stand at the edge of a 200 foot cliff, and loose my breath hiking up the hillside. I really need to do this more through the summer.




























No comments: