Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Obama in Madison








Since I have never been to a political rally and we are hosting an intern from another country, I thought attending the Barack Obama rally in Madison last night would be a cultural experience. We waited in line outside in the bitter cold for about 30 min, raced to barely get seats, waited another hour and a half for a 30 min speech. This is an interesting country we live in. Aside from any political feelings for and or against him, Barack is an amazing speaker; articulate and personal...like a small town pastor speaking to his congregation. It was a lot of fun and I am really glad I went but a little disappointed my request for a press pass was submitted to late.


Technical: Sitting up in the top nose bleeds I was glad I had my telephoto zoom, but also wished I had something more powerful, also used a wide zoom. Funny thing: I was not let into the rally at first because of my camera. Not until the volunteers asked around did they get a cop that laughed and let me in. In all the fuss she didn't even frisk me either. Crazy eh?

No comments: