Wednesday, February 23, 2011

greek conference videos

In my memory, twentyonehundred productions had never produced videos for Greek Conference until this year. (I think the reason has something to do with the fact that we are usually in the midst of another conference of just back from one.) This year, we tried some experiments; instead of the normal 1 week shoots and 2 month edits that we would do for Staff Conference (one of those videos here) we decided to do 1 day shoots and 2 day edits. It was a lot of fun, a lot of work, but a lot of fun. We kept the stories simpler by limiting it to one or two people and went in knowing for the most part what the story was and how to tell it. Also, on the ground shooting I was already formulating the edit in my head with the shots I was getting so editing was a lot faster. These are things that you can do with a quick edit and shoot; keeping all this in my head after a week shooting was impossible for me. Below is one of the videos From North Western University; we also created videos from New Hampshire and The University of Wisconsin.



Along with still images, I was also asked to gather video footage for a quick summary video at the end of the conference. This is a lot harder than it seems, video and stills have two different mindsets and make it hard to capture both. Only in times where I had control of the environment (where I could tell the subject to either repeat their actions or stand still) was I able to capture both, most of the time I had to decide prior if I was going to gather video of stills, and you never know which will be the correct medium until after it happens. Here is the final video Eric edited until 7:00am.

No comments: