Saturday, November 27, 2010

thanksgiving

This year’s thanksgiving trip back to California seemed a bit more jam-packed than last year. We somehow fit in 2 church services, shopping, visiting with both sets of parents, a lunch with friends, a funeral, meeting up with my brother, coffee with InterVarsity staff, thanksgiving dinner and setting up the Christmas decorations. And probably more that I am forgetting, like making sure to make repeat visits to Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf for Sarah’s favorite Pomegranate Blueberry Tea Latte’s.

Photographically, I found myself not always looking for photo opportunities; this was a little disconcerting at first when I realized that I had not taken as many photos as I normally would have, until I realized I was actually having fun with people. This is often hard for me to do (not the having fun part but the not taking photos part.) In the end I am only a little disappointed that I don’t have any photos of the hours with my parents, but I do remember having a lot of fun. I guess I still need to learn that I do not have to document every aspect of every event I am part of.









No comments: