Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Heather's Car






Heather, a co-worker, has wanted to paint her car for some time now; recently she said, “now that I have a “Junker”, we can all paint it like I have always wanted to…with spray paint and a little creativity.” So we did just that, we all went out on our lunch break today and painted her car. I, of course, took this as an opportunity to experiment with photographic lighting. We all had a lot of fun (as you can see) and I am now pretty sun burnt too.



All the pics can be seen here


Tech: Because of the harsh sunlight I knew I wanted to use some sort of fill flash; I also just got some new Alien Bee radio triggers recently that I wanted to try out. So I decided to use the 1987 Speedotron studio strobes I used before (see this posting) as my main light. I exposed for daylight and sometimes 1-2 stops under and let the 1200-Watts of studio-strobe-magic do the rest.

No comments: